Friday, June 8, 2007

Elliot News


At Pilot Mountain. Picture courtesy of Danae Amstutz.



Cheetos Boy!



Here are some updates on the little guy:
1. Since May the 21st he's begun laughing . Some ways to get him to laugh - hold his legs or arms and sway to the beat of music, lay him on his belly on your lap and bounce your legs, squeeze his legs and make funny noises as you move your hands and squeeze periodically all the way up to his chest.
2. He rolled over on Wednesday, the 6th, but the little bugger didn't let anybody see him in action when he made this accomplishment. He was at the babysitter's, and she put him on his belly on the bed while she took her little girl to the bathroom and when she came back, he was laying on his back. He's come very close a couple of times since, but hasn't been up to performing this amazing task again yet!
3. He's discovered he can prop himself up on his elbows and look around while laying on his stomach (see above picture).
4. He loves his bouncy seat - thanks Grandmom Rhodes for the seat. (see above picture)
5. He reaches for toys and tries to hold them. He's getting good at getting ahold of blankets and soft books and bringing them to his mouth.
6. He loves the outdoors. While at Sparkling Springs a week or so ago, he was content to simply sit in his bouncy seat in the circle around the fire at night, watch the fire, and listen to us sing.
7. He's making longer "sentences" and likes to go a couple of octaves when talking. When he first did this, he got a real puzzled look on his face!
8. He's very expressive with his eyebrows - gives great puzzled looks, inquisitive looks, and excited looks.
9. He's going down to sleep easier and will lots of times just complain a little bit and eventually find his thumb and suck his thumb to sleep.
10. He loves to play with his ears while nursing, sucking his thumb, or sucking his pacifier. He will play with it almost obsessively until it turns bright red. I have to make sure his fingernails are trimmed or he'll scratch his ear and make it bleed.

That's about the scoop on our little man. It seems like he grew up in a little over a week! Such a fun baby. We love him very much indeed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun learning more about you, Elliot! Hmmmm, I wonder where you got your "playing with the ears" gene from??! Puzzling.I'm sure with time you'll be able to do the whole tucking in the ear and popping it out trick too.
LOVED the pics- he is too, too kissable!!!! Love you guys, Candice

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing as Candice about the ear thing. I can picture the future tricks he'll be able to do :). I loved the update! it's so fun to hear about the new things that he's doing. I miss you all. Love, Carmen

Anonymous said...

I loved the different expressions.I'm glad he enjoys the bouncy seat. Love Grandmom Rhodes P.S. Happy Anniversary today!