Elliot's past the fussy teething stage, with 3 new upper teeth and one purplish red spot where another upper tooth is waiting to make it's appearance. It's so good to have him back to his usual self - smiley and content for the most part. Thanks to all for your prayers and words of support/encouragement!
Another random bit of information from my work...one of our interns was physically assaulted yesterday by one of our clients. And this client is one that I work with on a regular basis. He is diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and cocaine dependence and was in the hospital at the time, but he apparently thought this intern was trying to "get inside my head" and punched him down to the floor and kicked him in the back and neck several times. The intern was alright - didn't go to the doctor but was understandably pretty shaken up by this incident and is taking a couple of days off. Not to worry anyone, as this is a very rare occasion that any of our clients become aggressive toward us. And we plan to discharge this client due to his aggressive behavior. A reminder to me to take precautions and to thank God for his daily protection as I work with people with illnesses and addictions that sometimes cause their behaviors to be unpredictable.
1 comment:
I'm glad Elliot's passed the teething stage! I'll have to remember to keep praying for you Sylvia as you go to work. Love ya, Carmen
Post a Comment