Thursday, January 17, 2008

Me 'N My Boys



Six and a half months of being pregnant, and 2 and 1/2 more to go! This pregnancy has gone really well again, just like when I was pregnant with Elliot. I've been feeling really good, but this little guy is twice as active in-utero than Elliot, although that may also be due to the fact that my muscles didn't really have time to tighten up between pregnancies!! He gives lots of vicious punches, kicks, and rolls at all times of the day and night. Although both of my pregnancies have been really easy and I absolutely love being a mom, I certainly am ready for a nice long break (at least more than 4 months) before being pregnant again! But, you never know....;)

Some nice perks to being pregnant:
-Being offered a seat while riding the city bus during work and there's standing room only.
-Martin going to the store at night to buy me some ice cream.
-Eating chocolate, cheese puffs, and LOTS of ice cream and wanting to believe that somehow that weight will magically come off once the baby's born.
-Hearing the baby's heart beat for about 5 -10 seconds each month at the doctor's office.
-Martin volunteering to clean the bathroom each week so that I (and consequently the baby) won't have to breathe in all the chemical fumes!
-Soaking in a nice hot bubble bath in the evenings and relaxing after a days' work.
-Having a good excuse to buy new clothes...afterall, isn't being pregnant an added excuse to indulge and pamper yourself more often?

Some not-so-nice things about being pregnant:
-Strangers coming up and putting their hand on my belly without asking if it's ok
-A client realizing I'm pregnant and then reaching out and lifting my shirt in public to look at my bare belly.
-Being asked countless times when the baby's due, if it's a boy or girl and what the name is. (Ok, Ok, I do that to other people too!)
-People who know me ask, "didn't you just have a baby?", or like yesterday when someone at work said, "how's your newborn doing?" (referring to Elliot).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookin good....all cute and glowy!
Candice

Anonymous said...

Am I allowed to just say, "ditto"? Honestly, the first thing I thought when I saw you was, "Wow! Sylvia looks beautiful!" Anita

Anonymous said...

Sylvia, You definately deserve the pampering. I also think you look great! I'm so excited about getting to see my two nephews this summer and getting to just sit and talk with you and Martin again. We miss you! Love, Carmen

Anonymous said...

Sylvia, I also agree with all of the above! Your looking beautifully pregnant. Your fine son is also looking quite handsome and adorable. Happy parenting.

Anonymous said...

P.S.Sorry about misspelling You're and also forgot to sign my comment.
Love, Mom Rhodes

Anonymous said...

Only one word to describe momma Sylvia--radiant! Dad R

And my word for Martin?--- considerate! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Looking good, Sylvia! I had to laugh at Martin going after ice cream at odd hours. How on earth did you handle the client situation? I'm sure you had much more grace that I would have found at that moment!!! Let's chat soon!
Danae

Anonymous said...

Where's Martin? Ain't he one of your boys?