Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Waiting...






...anytime now! Actually we've got 8 more days until the official due date, but the little guy knows he's welcome ANY DAY now! This past weekend we moved the cradle from storage into our room, washed car seats and other baby items, and yesterday I packed our bag for the hospital (since with Elliot Martin was rushing around at the last minute packing our bag), so now it's pretty much just a waiting game. Martin had "The Talk" with him, which entailed telling him what to expect during the birth process, that we are very much looking forward to meeting him and welcoming him into our family, and that he should think about being born April the 1st. But he didn't listen quite as well as Elliot did, as Elliot was born the day Martin suggested. Hmmm...what does this suggest about the difference in personalities?!

In other news, I finished my work last Friday and am now enjoying my days at home. However, I will miss my job, as it was the job I've enjoyed the most thus far of any job I've had. I will miss my co-workers - a group of wonderful people who genuinely care about the clients we work with and are very supportive of one another, and I'll miss my clients as well. The most rewarding part of my work came in seeing growth in the lives of the people I worked with. It's hard to leave after building relationships with people - some for 2 years. But I pray and trust that God will continue to place people in their lives who will show the compassion and healing grace of Christ, as He is the One Who brings true healing.

We'll keep you all posted on the birth scene. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! So excited to hear the big news!! Do you have our cell number??? Candice

A said...

Yay!!!! I'm very excited--just don't forget to post pictures occasionally in your excitement! I'll try to log into Skype more often in the next few days . . .

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I can't wait to hear the news. We rearranged our living room for the new furniture. It looks nice and is comfy. Looking forward to seeing the four of you in the Burg very soon!

Philip said...

I'm really excited for you all! I would've liked very much to sit in on "The Talk" :). I'm also looking forward very much to having all of you up here in the brick house!