Monday, November 30, 2009

40?!




My sister Karen turned 40 on October 1!!!! For part of her celebration, we Witmers spent a day and night at a cabin in Singers Glen having good conversations, eating delicious foods, and playing lots of games.

Some of the things I appreciate about my sister...her ability to organize and plan things and do it well, her love for quality time with people, her authenticity and honesty, and her willingness to give of her time and care for others.

Here's a toast to you, Karen, for many meaningful and joyful years ahead! I'm glad you're my sister.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos of the cabin stay! Looks like fun, playing games . . . It's not fair that Karen doesn't look gray! I guess I carry a chip on my shoulder about that. I also like the updated snowflakes background on your blog. Snow is coming down outside right now! Light fluffy stuff. I was baking cookies, Brent went to the Christmas Carol dramatic reading tonight. I'm gonna put on a Michael Card CD and read "Hinds' Feet" and enjoy a cup of tea in the glider rocker!
Luci