Monday, August 23, 2010

Our new home








When you enter the front door, the living room is immediately to your left...










...and the dining room and kitchen to your right.











Through the living room is the hallway to the Rhodes part of the house. On the left hand side of the hall is the family room (green), and boys room. On the other side of the hall directly opposite the boys room is our room, then the bathroom, and the chapel. Directly behind me is the stairs leading up to Nick and Via's space (3 small bedrooms, bath, sitting area and door onto the roof.
























































This is our backyard and the entrance to "Muddy bikes urban garden," a community gardening project.





We leave you in the prayer garden at the back end of our property with the cross, tiki torches and fire ring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW- so exciting to see your new house!! I love it! I'm fascinated that you have a chapel in your house! and nice that you have together and apart living space with your fellow community members. Thanks for the tour. Can't wait to see it in person. Pencil us in on your calendar for the summer of 2012! :) FAMILY REUNION!Candice

Anonymous said...

Love it! It looks beautiful. =)
~Danae

Anonymous said...

Just found your posts today after we talked on the phone. I'm flat on the floor - catching you by phone and several blog posts on the same day is too much!!! It was great to see the pics of your place, great job! Everything looks new and fresh and with character. I guess the boys were glad when the photos were finished being taken so they could bring out the toys again! :) I noticed the northern B.C. birch candlelabra. I hadn't remembered that part about the chapel, on the first floor, eh? But what about the side porch? Gotta clean house again, and take some more photos. . .
Luci