Thursday, January 10, 2013

New

January and February are challenging months for me.  They come after two highly celebrated holidays, and the weather is typically cold and gray.  So I became proactive this year.  I'm taking pottery classes during these months!!  I love pottery, and I've always thought it'd be fun to learn the art of pottery making.  Harrisonburg Parks and Rec holds classes of various sorts throughout the year, and this winter they are offering a beginners course in pottery.  I signed up.  My first class is Jan. 15.  And while I was at it, I signed Vincent up for preschool gymnastics!  He's athletic and coordinated, and it seems gymnastics will strengthen these skills and give him something to engage in and look forward to each week that is all his own.
Here's to enjoying these slow cold gray days...!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I've always looked longingly at the Parks & Rec magazine but seemed like nothing every quite fit my schedule. I hope it's enjoyable! Is the teacher Phil Ungar by the way? I used to care for his son at the group home I worked in. He's a very nice man and would be fun to have as a teacher I think.

Anonymous said...

Love it!
-Philip

Sylvia Rhodes said...

@Anita. Yes, it's Phil Ungar...tonight is my first class.

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see your creations and Vincent's gymnastics! Luci