Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Healthy, Happy, Handsome Little Man




Bugs Bunny Bandaids - proof of those old nasty needle sticks!












Elliot had his 8 week old doctor's appointment today. He weighs 12 pounds and is 22 inches long. He also had his immunizations today - hence the bandaid picture. Poor guy, he cried a different "surprised and in pain" cry when he got stuck and not just once, but 3 times, and that needle looked so long! I had the unpleasant task of holding his little arms down while the nurse stuck him. But he did good and quickly quieted down when I picked him up afterwards. I felt so sorry for the little boy! The doctor gave him a clean bill of health again and commented how big and strong he is. What a blessing!
More good news, Elliot slept 8 hours last night, from 9:30 to 5:30. Yeah!! He's doing much better during the days too with sleeping and is so happy, smiley, and cooey.
Other good news...Martin turns in his thesis today and has one remaining exam and essay before he is completely done. Next Tuesday, the 1st, will be his official last day. We're celebrating - just the two of us - and arranging a babysitter for Elliot. He graduates May 12th. Anyone looking to hire a brilliant up and coming Anabaptist theologian?

6 comments:

Tom Arthur said...

I thought the bandaid was a tatoo!

Anonymous said...

I thought the bandaid was a
tattoo-too.

Anonymous said...

Definitely the most handsome grandson we have. Va. Hillbillies

Anonymous said...

Love the overalls!! He's the cutest!! Have I mentioned that before? So happy the sleeping is going better. Cheers to getting some sleep! CM

Anonymous said...

I thought the bandaid was a tutu.

Anonymous said...

Buncha wise-arses