Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Visit with the Yoder Family

Clara

Abigail

Looking for fish in the creek

A little monkey in the tree!

See any family resemblence?

One of the many lovely flowers at the gardens.

We enjoyed a weekend visit with the Yoder family this past weekend, and they truly got to experience the southern way of living. The crepe myrtles were in full bloom showing off their vibrant colors to the Northerners, and Brent mentioned that one of the differences between the South and the Canadian North is the more laid back atmosphere - such as seeing people sitting outside on their porches relaxing and enjoying the outdoors or simply enjoying the company of one another.

We took advantage of the lovely temperature - mid 80's with unusually low humidity - and had a picnic at Sarah Duke Gardens Saturday evening. It's always a favorite place to go with beautiful flowers and trees in bloom, lily pad pools with fish and tadpoles, and a pond with ducks, turtles, and fish.

Anybody else interested in visiting the south in the near future? We certainly enjoy hosting and our door is always open (though not literally, of course!)...

Luci and Graham

Clara eating a lime - has quite a palate for sour foods, I guess!

Brent caught a tadpole, and later Abigail managed to catch one of the fast little guys!

Elliot's been reaching out for anything within reach that looks interesting...here he's reaching for the camera.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great for Brent and Lucy to be able to come see you for a weekend and not have to buy plane tickets! The gardens looked beautiful and what a great picture of Elliot. Missing you. Love, Carmen

Anonymous said...

I think you misunderstood Elliot in that last picture- he's reaching for Auntie Candice!! I can't wait to hold that kid! The visit from Luci etc looked so fun- it was great to see her and her family too. Candice

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Elliot! I'm really excited about getting together this weekend at Sherando Lake!! I was able to talk Jared into making the trip as well to meet the newest member of our family :).

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! I'm glad Elliot will be able to meet Jared, and I'm looking forward to seeing him again too!
-sylvia