Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Look What I Can Do!

Lately, Elliot has been pulling up on everything, and confidently letting go to stand on his own. And then of course he gets this "I'm so proud of myself" look on his face as Sylvia and I clap for him.




Martin and Sylvia news:
This past weekend, Sylvia and I took some time for ourselves. Friday night we took Elliot to spend a couple of hours with his cousins Pete, Heather, and Eli Rodrigues, and we headed out for Italian food and Soul music. First stop was an Italian restaurant where Sylvia assuaged her seafood craving, and I joined in as well. Following a nice hour at the restaurant (although sadly we were seated near a middle school girls basketball team), we headed for Duke to attend a double bill concert by The Blind Boys of Alabama followed by Mavis Staples. We thoroughly enjoyed the soulful gospel, and 10:30 came to soon.
We're also dreaming about and planning for our move to Harrisonburg in a couple of months. We have a place to live now but are still looking for jobs. So any leads anyone might have, please pass them on! Your prayers are coveted as well.
Otherwise our days are pretty routine: working, playing with Elliot, picking up toys, cleaning, laundry, cooking, picking up toys, a doctor's appointment here, a dentist appointment there, picking up toys, me (Sylvia) feeling the baby hiccup in-utero almost every evening between 7 and 8, an occasional social outing, etc. etc.
Sound familiar to any of you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Elliot!! You're about a nine months ahead of Eliza in the walking department! :) You are looking good. And Sylvia, yes, it does all sound familiar! Praying for the right job for you guys. Hey, where will you be living? Love you, Candice

Anonymous said...

Looks like he has walking in mind. It won't be long. Then he will be into everything and keeping you busy. Fun to watch them grow and develop. Mom/Grandmom

Anonymous said...

Sounded like a great date and a nice time away for you all. I'm also curious about what you found in Va. We'll be praying about job options. Looks like Elliot will definately be walking before we see him this summer. Can't wait to see all of you! Love you, Carmen

Anonymous said...

What a face! Nice study of emerging confidence. Dad

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'd call one of those looks a little smug. Dad