The celebration began last Wednesday by going out to eat with my mom and sisters at my favorite restaurant downtown, The Earth and Tea Cafe, where we enjoyed good conversation, good food, and where we enjoyed simply being together (I missed you Luci!). Then on Saturday morning Martin and I and our boys went to the Relief Sale, ate some delicious doughnuts and then had a lunch of grilled pork tenderloin for lunch. We dropped our boys off at their Rhodes grandparents for the weekend, and then headed back to Elva and Leon Rhodes's cabin in Singers Glen. Ah, what bliss!! It's always so nice to have time alone as a couple. Martin fixed an amazing meal of shrimp, scallops, and artichokes, and I savored every bite of the fresh seafood (Tangier Island). Our time together consisted of eating delicious food, watching movies, sitting next to hearth fires, listening to good music, and loving each other well. Everything was magnified by the relaxed uninterrupted atmosphere. We left Sunday afternoon with the intention of eating at The Earth and Tea Cafe, but it was closed, so we walked on down to the Blue Nile for some Ethiopian cuisine, which was good, but not my favorite. We picked up our boys and headed home for an evening together as a family.
Monday morning Martin fixed me a wonderful breakfast of pancakes and sausage gravy, which was my request. Then Dietrich prepared an amazing supper of crab alfredo, guacamole and chips, lettuce salad with cubes of cheese, lima beans, and coffee and doughnuts for desert. Wow, what a feast!
Tuesday night, while David and Anita babysat the boys, Martin and I took in a Chanticleer concert at Bridgewater College. Those men can sing music that sends shivers down my spine. I especially liked the opera/jazz piece.
Tonight Martin and I and the boys went to Klines for some ice-cream, compliments of Philip's generous certificates.
Tomorrow, my good friend Danae and her family are coming here for the weekend, and I'm looking forward to good talks, game playing, and all the things that take place with close friends.
And, to top it all off, my excellent husband is making all the suppers this week. Now that, my friends, is proof that he knows and loves me well!!!
Thanks to everyone for your cards and birthday wishes.
I am richly blessed.
To make this post more interesting, here are some recent pictures of the boys.
4 comments:
What a great birthday experience!!!
Happy Birthday Sylvia! What a great way to celebrate turning 30. I thought about you a lot on Monday. I hope you have a fulfilling year. Love you, Carmen
WOW, what's going to happen when you turn 40. . . 50. . . . ?? James
The 30's are the best! Glad you had such a fabulous celebration!Lots of love, Candice
Post a Comment