Our 3 1/2 days at the beach were the perfect antidote to the previous 5 months of busyness as we have attempted to adjust to new places and people. Although our household lives together in relative harmony, vacationing together brought out different facets of personalities and allowed us to enjoy each other in new ways apart from the bustle of everyday life. We also enjoyed our first (excepting Philip) prolonged time with Betsy, and spent many hours around the table after meals and in the living room at night discussing all manner of things metaphysical and mundane.
And then there was the shore...
It was especially exciting introducing Elliot to the beach and ocean, and he was simultaneously thrilled and perplexed by it. He loved digging in the sand and running into the surf, but was equally cowed by the vertiginous tide and cold shock of salt spray. He was most at ease with the ocean when Sylvia or I would hold him and take him into the ocean, jumping waves. Vincent mostly ate sand and looked cute in his floppy Thai hat.
Too soon, our trip to the coast had ended and we packed, re-entered the car for the trip home, refreshed and renewed from our time away together.
(September 19-22)
3 comments:
I'm glad the boys did ok on the trip. Sigh. I know all about traveling with boys. At least Dietrich was "slightly less noisy" for Philip and Betsy. LOL. I love the picture of Elliot with his shovel, and the one of Vincent with his hat. Looks like good times!!
I wanna go back! :)
The 3039 Hippies Go to the Beach. (where did that name originate by the way?) Gotta say, I'm a leeetle jealous. Oh well, we'll give you a chance to be jealous when we spend Christmas at the beach this year. :)
Candice
Post a Comment