Okay...Let me preface this blog entry with the caveat that I'm not a big fan of kids movies or kids watching TV or anything like that. However, I will admit to letting Elliot watch kids movies on youtube and occasional movies from the library...they certainly come in handy from time to time when he is ornery or when I just want to get some work done. Which leads to the reason for this entry:
I asked Dietrich to pick up some interesting kids videos from the library last week when he went, and he came home with a WINNER - "Shaun the Sheep Off The Baa!". It's made from the "shear geniuses that brought you the Academy Award winning Wallace & Gromit". And it's an amazingly witty clever and entertaining movie. I love it and Elliot loves it.
Here's the reason I like it: there is no talking - just some funky music, animal noises, farmer grunts, and tractor/truck noises; has great creative and imaginative animal play; and with no talking the kids are forced to deduce what is happening, so even though they are sitting in front of a computer/TV, their minds are made to work at least a little bit!
Here's the link to the movie: www.shaunthesheep.com
1 comment:
That does sound interesting! It's nice to have some options without feeling that you're turning your kid into a squishy vegetable! Of course, I say that when the movie I most often pop in is veggie tales! Hummmmm.... =)
Post a Comment