Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Gardening & Friends

Over the weekend Martin tilled our weedy garden under Vincent's watchful eye. On Tuesday my mom and sisters came over and helped to plant most of the garden - broccoli, carrots, green beans, soybeans, red beets, peppers, and sunberry bushes. We're very much looking forward to eating all the succulent fruits this summer.



A group of friends from church - moms with young children - have been meeting for breakfast once a week, and this week I hosted. Elliot has several playmates close to his age, and Vincent is the youngest by about 5 months. All together there are 5 of us moms and 11 children. There's quite a passel of us when we're all together, but it's lots of fun to relate with friends who have young children. It helps me to feel less abnormal, and it's good to bounce ideas around and learn new creative mothering skills.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a sunberry? It looks like martin's excercise routine is similar to yours with less mileage. Enjoy the gardening! Carmen

Anonymous said...

I'll bet Martin is getting more fumes! What's this talk about mothering as "abnormal"? -Rosedale Contemplative.

Sylvia Rhodes said...

Carmen. Apparently a sunberry is sort of like a blueberry.

Rosedale Contemplative. Mothering is not abnormal, but at times when I'm around people who don't have kids or people who have older children, I find that my day to day life is very different from theirs.

-Sylvia

Philip said...

Martin adds a new twist to the workout program. :) I love Vincent's face on the one from the front. hilarious. Love you guys!