Friday, August 21, 2009

Fair




Just because I love this picture.


OK, so I couldn't wait to do another post until the beach. Here's a glimpse of our evening at the fairgrounds...

Last night we went to the Rockingham County Fair. Elliot was on full throttle the entire night and loved every minute of the sights, sounds, smells, and action. Vincent loved it too, but was a bit more reserved - maybe next year he'll be a little more into all the noises and the crowd. Actually, I think his favorite parts of the evening were the fans in the animal barns, splashing in the rain puddles, and the food! Both boys loved their rides, the tractors, and, to a lesser extent, the animals in their hot smelly stalls.

Elliot rode the race cars twice, and the boats twice - a man offered him two free tickets at the end of the night and then the carnie man gave him an extra ride just for the heck of it because there were no more kids waiting in line. Vincent rode the boat once at the beginning of the evening and the carousel horse at the end. He did good all by himself on the boat, but about 3/4 of the way through the ride he was ready to get off, so the operating man had mercy on him and stopped the ride and graciously gave him back to his parents. At the end of the evening, he just about fell asleep on his carousel ride.

Back home both boys went to sleep almost as soon as they hit their pillows.

2 comments:

A said...

Doesn't look like Elliot was too excited about the cute girls! Have fun at the beach. Love, Aunt A

Anonymous said...

And I had to wait till I was 12 years old to go to the fair! Not fair. 59 yr. old whiner

That close-up of Elliot is almost entirely free of babyhood/toddler traits.