A few weekends ago we went to Harrisonburg in part to see Diech off. We didn't include his picture here, because we might miss him too much if his cheerful countenance were to confront us daily on the blog. Therefore we stick to the amusing antics of Elliot and Philip to hide the pain.
We also spent time with Sylvia's family, celebrating the birthday of Megan Beery around a campfire in Sam and Florence's backyard.

Weekends are special for me in that I get to relax after a hard week of work, and I get to spend extra time with Elliot. Here's a view of our activities this Saturday:
I awake at 5:45 a.m. on Saturday morning to Elliot's whimpering in the crib and know that it's his breakfast time. For good measure, Sylvia nudges me in the ribs to make sure I've heard him and am at least making an effort to climb out of bed. (She takes mornings with him the first 3 days of the week and I get the last 3. We share Sunday's). Elliot eats quickly and is back down for a nap at 6. He sleeps for another hour before awaking again around 7, and who can blame him what with a full and heavily soiled diaper. Sylvia changes him, and brings Elliot to bed where we doze/play for another half hour. Breakfast this Saturday morning consists of bluberry and oat cereal for Elliot, and french toast and sausage for Sylvia and I, which of course Elliot thinks he should have as well. After breakfast, I leave for a hike along the Eno river with Tom Arthur a friend from Div. school, and Elliot goes down for a nap. When I return at 11:30, Elliot is awake and ready for some play time with Dad. Until lunch we play, usually on a folded blanket on the living room floor which is covered with various toys, some plastic lids and bowls (also toys), and probably dried spit up and drool. After play time and lunch Elliot and I head for the laundromat, and Sylvia prepares to clean the house. Upon arrival at the laundromat I load the washer while Elliot is held by the laundromat owner who has come to know us well. Suddenly Elliot begins to cry loudly, and our friend notes a poweful stench in a room otherwise permeated with a smell of detergent cleanliness. Elliot of course needs a diaper change, and I have forgotten the diaper bag. So, I head home while the clothes spin. Elliot is tired an so takes a nap while I head back to dry the clothes. When I get home I spend some more time with Elliot intermittantly playing and watching baseball on tv. He seems to enjoy this pastime, although there's no way of knowing if I have a Giants fan in the making yet. As long as it's not the Yankees...
As Saturdays tend to be busy for us, we like to eat out occasionally on Saturday night. This night we head to a nearby steakhouse for sirloin steaks. Elliot enjoys the egg yolks from our salads, and begs Sylvia for mashed potatoes which she generously shares with him. After leaving the restaurant we make a quick stop for a few groceries before heading home. Evenings are when Sylvia and I party together with Elliot sound asleep in the far room, fans and the fish tank lulling him into deep and peaceful (we hope) sleep. Tonight we watch a dvd of last seasons The Office before heading to bed. All in all a very enjoyable and relaxing day.
Sunday we spent time at Northgate park where Elliot enjoyed activities like swinging, playing in the dirt, and watching other children. He is completely fascinated with young children and will attempt to communicate with them given the chance. We have a very friendly and outgoing chap.
6 comments:
Martin, Thanks for the long post and all the pics! Elliot is so full of personality--love his big eyes. It was nice to hear about what a weekend day is like for you. I miss those kind of details. Love and hugs to the whole family! Anita
Love Elliot's bemused smile in the stroller picture. And don't you just want to eat those feet??? I enjoyed the detail too- your Saturday sounds similar to ours- busy with the stuff you have to do and then the stuff you want to do for fun- except we get sushi instead of sirloin. :) We'll have to try a chat again soon when your computer is charged! Candice
Love, love the new post! I kept finding pictures I liked and putting them on our desktop background. Finally decided on the close-up shot of Elliot and the banana. Keep the pictures coming :). Love you all!
It's really good to hear about the ordinary things of a saturday at home. Things I miss a lot and things I don't miss all that much (like laundromats :)) I love all of the pictures. Tomorrow morning the girls will have fun seeing updates pictures of Elliot. My love to the four of you.
Carmen
I am always amazed at how much Elliot has changed! What fun! I wish that our little guys could spend more time together but for now we'll enjoy keeping up with your blog.
Danae
It looks like Elliot is in that adorable little chubby squeezy stage where they are just irresistible!!! He is such a cutie!
Post a Comment