Monday, January 3, 2011

Elliot Hans Witmer Rhodes


"Dinosaur" by E.H.W.R.

I love this boy!! He is very sweet and has such a curious mind. He loves books - has loved them even before the age of 1. He loves learning things, asking questions, and sharing his knowledge and joy with anyone who has ears to hear. Here's what he's been up to recently:
1. Is learning to read. He can sound out words like cup, tap, pat, pup.
2. Loves to read books, and read books, and read books, and read books.
3. Loves to play the following computer games: Peep and the Big Wide World, Curious George, and Starfall. He is completely knowledgeable about the basic use of computers and uses one by himself.
4. Wants to do everything by himself. "I can do it." "I want to get some by myself." "No, I wanna do it".
5. Loves to help with anything and everything - helping Martin stack wood, make breakfast and basically anything in the kitchen, do laundry, vacuum, etc.
6. Loves puzzles and can put a 60 piece puzzle together by himself.
7. Loves to draw and paint.
8. Comes up with some crazy ideas. Is starting to ask questions about God.
9. Likes to provoke his younger brother.
10. Likes to play with his younger brother, like hide and seek, jumping on the bed, "flashlight dog" (a game they made up themselves).
11. Has an ear for language and vocabulary in general.
12. Has an incredible memory - for things he's done a year ago and for music/songs.
13. Is starting to write letters.

2 comments:

A said...

Sylvia, I love your kid updates! Even though I see them on a regular basis, I still learn new things about them when you write. I love them all too!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he's going to love the challenges day school presents him in another two years! Way to go getting him to write, Graham is usually reluctant. Not sure if it's the perfectionist tendencies or that he's the youngest and knows his looks different. . .
Keep up that great imagination!
Aunt Luci