Yesterday Martin asked Elliot if there are any pretty girls in his class, and he replied "yes". He asked if there was any girl that he thought was really pretty, and he said "Lila". Turns out "Lila" has brown hair and blue eyes. Today he said that he and Lila are friends, and that she and he and Eli ate lunch together. !!!!
Yesterday when I dropped Elliot off at school, the lady who helps him out of the car and walks him into the school said, "I don't even know you yet, but you're already one of my favorites. You are just cool - you have this cool look about you!". Today she said, "Good morning Elliot, you're the cool one!". It's just one of those reassuring things to hear as a mom, to know that your child is appreciated and cared for by someone else. Thank you lady, even though I don't even know your name!
Annaliese's new thing to say when I play fake crying is "It's ok Mommy, I'll take care of you. I love you. It's ok". How sweet is that???
Vincent is all excited about going to school next year, because Elliot is finding school incredibly rewarding. I have a meeting next week to determine if he will benefit from speech intervention. He has difficulty pronouncing the letters L, TH, R, S. So, this might be a way for him to go to school to "play games and learn about words"! We're finding that Annaliese is pronouncing R's like Vincent, either because she is imitating what she hears, or she has the same difficulty with this letter. "gowaw" for "girl".
We're all enjoying this change of pace with school! I think it's working out really well for all of us.
2 comments:
You all are great parents! Love the updates of Elliot going off to school and his experiences there. Is Mrs. Yoder married to one Paul Yoder? -Proud Uncle Philip
Keep us posted on speech intervention progress.
Luci
Post a Comment