Monday, April 30, 2007

The latest on the 2 most important men in my life :)...
Martin turned in his thesis last week to Dr. Stanley Hauerwas, and he got it back last week as well, with extremely high marks. (I have to brag on him because he won't brag on himself!!) He finishes tomorrow, and then we'll have some uninterrupted time together as a family. Very much looking forward to that! We ask too that you pray with us as we seek God's leading for what is next in reference to jobs, location, etc.
Elliot has been sleeping through the nights...from about 9 o'clock to 6 o'clock. Wonderful!! This morning around 6:15 I heard some grunting/a little fussing and then some loud sucking coming from his cradle. When I went to pick him up, he was sucking away on his thumb with his eyes wide open. It was so cute! We think he'll be a thumb sucker, being that he was sucking his thumb at his 20 week ultrasound and again on day one outside the womb!

2 comments:

Tom Arthur said...

I'm gald someone is boasting for Martin. I had no idea he did so well on his thesis. And from Hauerwaus! Congrats, friend.
Peace and grace,
Tom

Carrie said...

Congratulations, Martin!!! Somebody should be bragging about such an accomplishment! I bet Tim would like to read your thesis. Now, if we can just get done, too... By the way, Sylvia - amazing sleeping on the part of your child. That must be nice...