Tuesday, October 2, 2007

7 Month Old Dr. Stats

This morning Elliot had what was supposed to be his 6 mo. appointment but kept being rescheduled due to a change in insurance providers.*(see note below) So for those of you who are interested, here are the stats for Elliot...

Height: 26.5 inches
Weight: 17 pounds 14.5 oz
50th percentile in all measurements: height, weight, head circumference.

He continues to be a healthy happy-go-lucky little guy, and we love him so much!

*Just got to love all the red tape associated with health insurance in this wonderful "equality and justice for all" country of ours! What really has me peeved is that this pregnancy may not be covered by any insurance (or one in which there is over a 550/mo premium and a 6,000 deductible, which ends up being at least the total cost of an uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery) due to a "pre-existing condition", which wouldn't be pre-existing if we didn't have a lapse of insurance for over 63 days (this is the law I've been told, but hadn't known until now), but often when one starts a new job, there is a 90 day waiting period/probationary period, so unless you pay for COBRA, you're out of luck. OK, enough of my cynicism regarding health care. Thank God for Birthing Centers, which is the route we'll likely go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

tough break. We went through s similiar experience when we went to SF. Two out of seven of you were non-insurance babies. Can you tell which ones? Did it leave lasting marks? Base unit assoc. director/Nap and Snack assistant proprietor

Anonymous said...

That stinks. We had to do the whole cobra thing between my jobs and it cost a ton. It would be nice if insurance companies would inform you of those things. I'm becoming more and more cynical about the U.S.'s healthcare system after talking with people from Europe and Canada with universal healthcare. Sorry, that wasn't too encouraging. Just empathizing. C

Anonymous said...

Thanks for empathizing Carmen (I'm assuming it's Carmen and not Candice, the 2 C's sometimes have me confused!). This whole thing is just about enough to have me go vote for Hillary Clinton next year!!

Anonymous said...

So, you're leaning towards Hilary, huh? I"m glad Elliot is healthy and happy. Can't wait till I get to see him again (but I guess I'll have to). Give him a kiss for me! Aunt A

Anonymous said...

Yeah the C was Carmen. I'll try to use my whole name from now on. I'm thinking about sending in my absentee ballot too, in protest of the current political agenda (voting for the Clinton/Obama ticket) :) It might make it there by 2009.
Carmen