I can be impulsive, and this puppy is proof. Yesterday I went to a local greenhouse to buy a poinsettia as a gift for someone, and lo and behold there were these cute little puppies sitting right outside the doorstep. The boys immediately started holding them and having a grand old time playing with them when a girl working at the greenhouse steps outside the door and asks "Do you want to take one home with you?" To make a long story short, she's a saleslady (well actually, she offered the puppies for free), and we went home with a cute little Jack Russell Terrier puppy in our car. The boys are having so much fun playing with their puppy, so hopefully that will offset the crazy whimpers it makes and the training it will take to keep him calm, gentle, and to keep him from digging in our garden!
Now we just need to settle on a name....so far the suggestions from the boys, namely Elliot, have been Zen, Rock, and Zess. I like Jack, and Martin likes Russell and Soren. Any more suggestions?
5 comments:
SYLVIA!!! :) I gasped and laughed out loud when I got to the Jack Russell terrier part. We succumbed to the Jack Russell cuteness, also, 7 years ago. Actually, our dog would be OK if she wasn't so barky and she didn't have such terrible allergies. But - I'm sure you won't have the same issues. :) Enjoy that puppy sweetness!!
I think "Jack" and "Russell" should be out since that's what he is. But I like Zen, and since Elliot will be playing with him more than you guys . . .
I agree with A about jack and russell. Lydia suggests Chris :)
Carmen
Great going!!! Puppies and two little boys just go together. They'll all dig in your garden together! Here are some suggestions for names: clara likes rex; Aunt Luci says take your time, it can just be "puppy" until you KNOW it's the right name! A friend here has a cat named Zephyr, I like that.
Clara says if it's a girl, name her "Darby" or maybe name it after some other English town.
L.
Post a Comment