Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why, Oh Why?

Why was I so impulsive the other day?????? This little puppy follows me around everywhere, from room to room, whimpering for attention, under my feet whenever I go outside. Boundless energy. Yippy barks. Whimpers. I don't need more demands for attention, and I don't need something else to redirect and discipline. Why, oh why did I get this puppy? Please remind me....!!!!!!

Oh, that's right. Because I love my boys, and my boys love playing with the puppy, pulling his tail, grabbing his skin, poking his eyes, pulling his ears, holding him in their laps, patting him gently, stepping on his toes (they'll learn eventually, sigh). Goodness me, the hold my boys have on my heart. I do love them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It gets easier as they don't feel so lost in their new setting. Give it two weeks. But in two months it gets hard again because they get big enough to knock over small boys in their puppy exuberance.
L.
clara says our puppy is very jumpy but she knocks graham over.